Hydropower Assessment Level 1 £450 +VAT(site survey not included)
This type of study is most appropriate for high head sites where judgements about the level changes can be estimated from topographical information. This is a first step to assess the potential for generating power with hydro scheme. A Level 1 Assessment enables a decision as to the most appropriate next step whilst ensuring minimum expenditure before a viable resource is identified.
This study will provide:
- Hydropower resource assessment using flow software
- Head measurements provided by client or estimated from topographical sources
- Selection and sizing of suitable hydropower equipment
- Power and energy capture estimates including penstock selection
- Likely installation costs
- Summary report with conclusions and recommendations
In order for this assessment to be as effective as possible, it is useful for us to have the following information:
- Contact details
- Postcode of site and plan if available
- Grid reference or map marked with intake location
- Pressure ‘head’ (maximum fall of water flow in metres across the installation site)
- Site photographs
The results will be presented as a clearly written and illustrated short report. Timescale for completion is 2 to 3 weeks following receipt of site details. If the results of this site assessment indicate a viable resource, more advance site development services can be provided including survey services, price on application.
Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you are interested in a Level 1 Hydropower Assessment.